For those who need food
The YS Community Food Pantry is open on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month from 2-4pm. Call 937.510.6030 for assistance.
Yellow Springs Community Food Pantry
The YS Community Food Pantry is expected to be a critical part of the overall community support plan during the COVID-19 crisis. Your past generosity is much appreciated and now we need your help more than ever. Please continue to help us serve the community with either cash donations or non-perishable food donations. Here’s how:
- Weekly Food Drive – Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9 – 11:30 am. Volunteers are available help.
- Drop off on porch at 202 S. Winter St./Methodist Church side entrance.
- Scroll down this page for guidelines, information on how to donate, and suggested food donation list.
- Donate online to YSCF’s YS Food Insecurity Fund
YS PORCH provides a monthly food pick up on porches in support of the YSCFP Contact email@example.com in advance for their first Monday of the month porch pick up.
Little Free Pantry
Located behind the Presbyterian Church and across the street from Mills Lawn front entrance on Walnut Street. Please continue to use and donate to this free little resource in our Village.
Yellow Springs Senior Center
Contact YSSC if you are a senior in need of a weekly grocery delivery from Tom’s Market.
Contact Tom’s Market if you are in need of a weekly grocery delivery during this critical period. Volunteers are ready to assist with delivery.
Florence Randolph, Outreach Coordinator, YSPD
FRandolph@vil.yellowsprings.oh.us. Florence is our Village resource ready to help direct people to food relief resources available in the Village of Yellow Springs and Greene County.
YS Food Pantry Guidelines for Donations
Food donations can be dropped off at the Methodist Church (Winter St. entrance) on Tuesday and Wednesday from 9 – 11:30 am. Leave the food packs at the top of the steps against the wall with the stained glass windows. Do not leave cash.
- You don’t need to wait, just ring the doorbell near the door on the left side and a volunteer will come out to collect the food. Please don’t hang around on the porch – drop and go.
- Please do not drop off food with expired “use by” dates or damaged packaging. There may be other uses for these items but they will not get used by the food pantry.
- Hours of operation for the food pantry – both drop off days/times and distribution days/times – are being reviewed and revised. We’ll update specifics as soon as they are available.
- We’re suggesting that the Neighborhood Block Contacts (NBC) groups consider collecting food in their neighborhoods and either having one person make the delivery to the food pantry. If that is not possible, call 937.767.2655, leave a message, and a volunteer driver will come to you for the pickup.
Here are the items that would be most helpful at this time. The list will be updated periodically.
- canned meat (chicken or turkey)
- canned fish (tuna or salmon)
- peanut butter
- hearty soup
- spaghetti (pasta)
- canned pasta sauce
- meals in a box (hamburger helper, rice a roni, macaroni and cheese, pasta sides)
- canned beef stew
- baked beans
Checks made out to the YS Community Food Pantry can be mailed to: 202 S. Winter St., Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Online donations can be made through the YSCF’s YS Food Insecurity Fund at yscf.org/yscf-covid-19-community-support-funds/
Cash can be delivered in person to the Methodist Church, but please do not mail cash or leave cash at food pantry door.