Student Miller Fellowships are paid positions with local nonprofit organizations that are awarded grants to employ Miller Fellows.
Student Miller Fellows will need to attend the first available Nonprofit Leadership Institute (NLI) at some point during their employment with the nonprofit. The NLI provides information on philanthropy and of nonprofits, and provides grounding and framework for learning from their experiences as a Miller Fellow. Students learn how nonprofits operate, how successful nonprofits function, and the important role students play in the community, representing their schools and the YSCF. They meet nonprofit leaders in the community and gain experience through hands-on work sessions.
Miller Fellowships are offered to the following individuals:
- A full-time, degree-seeking student in good standing at a Greene County college or university with a preference towards an Antioch College student
- A high school student who is a resident of Yellow Springs/Miami Township or an attendee at Yellow Springs High School; high school Miller Fellows must be 16 years old or older.
- A resident of Yellow Springs/Miami Township under the age of 25 in a gap year before or during college or home for a vacation period
- Students must have completed the YSCF’s Nonprofit Leadership Institute (NLI) or apply and complete the next available NLI during their employment.
- The identified Miller Fellow can be a current employee of the nonprofit if they meet the requirements above.
- For a list of Miller Fellow Employers, please see the Nonprofits Directory and click on “Miller Fellow Employers.”
- NLI Application
- Donate to the Miller Endowment