The Nonprofit Leadership Institute (NLI) engages and inspires community service by introducing students to the Yellow Springs area nonprofits. The NLI fosters an understanding of nonprofits, builds leadership skills, and provides service opportunities with hands-on work experience within the Yellow Springs community for professional and personal endeavors. The NLI is the YSCF foundational training program for the Miller Fellow Program, and is a requirement for all Miller Fellowships.
You may need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Participants will gain educational and hands-on work experience with Yellow Springs area nonprofits. The Institute is intended to raise awareness about nonprofits—where they are, what they do, how they operate, and their value to communities. The Institute will focus on knowledge about and exposure to professional work environments, communication, grants, and the importance of volunteerism and philanthropy. Participants will also have opportunities to work with nonprofit employees. This will build leadership skills and exposure for professional and personal endeavors. The Institute consists of Workshop Sessions, Panel Discussions and Work Sessions.
Open to full-time Antioch College students, full-time students at other Greene County colleges and universities, Yellow Springs High School juniors and seniors, and Yellow Springs and Greene County residents ages 18-27 years.
- NLI participants must complete an application, an individual interview, and a group interview before acceptance to the NLI.
- Participants must commit to the full NLI, work collaboratively and complete all of the activities, and arrive on time and prepared for each work day.
- Workshop sessions and Panel Discussions will take place virtually or at the YSCF Training location and include educational components and activities.
- Work Sessions will be site visits and work at the local nonprofits. All locations will be in the Yellow Springs area and may be walkable depending on conditions and preferences.
WAIT LIST & CANCELLATION
Applicants may be placed on a wait list if fellowships have been assigned or for other reasons.
NLI sessions are scheduled for:
- January 22-24, 2021
- March 2021 (exact dates TBD)
- May 2021 (exact dates TBD)
- September 2021 (exact dates TBD)
Some meals may be provided. Details will be provided upon acceptance to NLI
Antioch College Students:
Antioch College students are not charged for the NLI and receive a stipend of $10/hour for all hours participating.
Apply Now – Antioch College applicants will receive an email notice of submission completed.
YSHS Students, Greene County College Students and Residents
Yellow Springs High School students, Greene County College Students and Residents have a charge of $150 for the NLI. Scholarships are available. NLI participants will receive a stipend of $10/hour for all work session hours.
Apply Now – YSHS, Greene County College and Resident applicants will receive an email notice of submission completed.